[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006

>From: "Henk Poley" <HPoley@DDS.nl>
>To: <assembly-82@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: [A82] Re: TI82 ROM Version 19.006
>Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:43:42 +0200
>

> > Van: Thomas J. Hruska <shinelight@crosswinds.net>

> > I never intend to make a shell with the disassembled source or
>distribute
> > the source.  I've got better sense than H@ys.  If I do write a shell,
>I'll
> > write it from scratch...besides it's been 3-4 years since I've seen the
> > source or written a line of Z80 ASM.  I actually disassembled CrASH to
> > verify a memory clobbering issue with Game Wizard.  As I suspected, it
> > turned out to be the shell that was causing the random crashes with Game
> > Wizard (Game Wizard used interrupts to do its thing).  I never got
>around
> > to messing with the VAT to fix Game Wizard since other projects and
> > schoolwork took over my life.
>
>Indeed a Venus/Rigel like shell would come in handy on the Ti82, no more
>messed up VATs.

You would still need those 2 weird matrices to execute any assembly at all,
so if you're talking about using ION's loader, then good.  Only thing is
that ION's loader is slow as hell, but allows programs to be put on in any
order.

Little problem with using ION's loader: You can't just instantly relocate
(CrASH style) to prevent crashes with _Getkey.

> > Actually, I just deleted the source...removes any temptation I might
>have.
> > I regret disassembling it in the first place, but as I said, 3-4 years
>is
> > long time.  I did some foolish things back then and that was one of
>them.
> > Besides, who needs any more shells?  There are a bazillion for the 85 -
>the
> > TI-82 really doesn't need that many.
>
>The question was if some one could make a shell for a new (?) ROM version,
>so haveing one for another ROM version doesn't help the guy much...
>
> > It is pretty amazing that this list is coming to life again...  We might
> > even get blessed by the presence of the administrators thinking that
> > someone is spamming the list ;)
>
>Don't you know there are no list-admistrators at Ticalc, at least I haven't
>mentioned one on the other lists... (H@ys is still around at asm83)
>
>	Henk Poley

Ah... good old h@ys.  He got his ass kicked when he messed around on SGC's
boards, losing a couple free webspace accounts...