Re: A82: Anybody out there?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Anybody out there?

Actually this is a problem from mid-April.  If you've visited the Defiance
website (http://defy.dhs.org) since April, you've seen the last news item,
which touches on the problem.  It has to do with sliding along walls and
multiplying cosines.
The number system I'm using for the trig is 8.8 (bit) fixpoint.  so the
accuracy is 1/256.  It works fine for moving forward and backward etc, but
the formula I use for the sliding calls for two cosines to multiplied
together.  The problem isn't really that I lack the software to do this, but
that the numbers are so imprecise that you go through walls quite often and
the game crashes.  Another problem is that I haven't looked at the code in
half a year, so I forgot a lot of what goes on.

~Adamman

PS: does anyone know what's up with the TI-Files?  Back in the day it was my
favorite site, but it just keeps getting worse and worse.  Now that all of
the original members are gone, I've lost all hope for it