Re: A82: ROM version 19.006

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: ROM version 19.006

Eric Piel wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Dines Justesen wrote:
> >
> > I have received a couple of emails from people with the new ROM version who
> > would like to run Ash. To be able to use any shell on the calc it is
> > necessary to find out what has changed in the ROM version (if  the only
> > changed is that the jump table was moved like 16..19 including support for
> > .006 is easy, otherwise it could require all programs to be recomiled (and a
> > change in the way ROM?CALL is implemented)).
> >
> > I have a couple of backup files which can be used for ROM dumping without
> > using asm, and I am going to send these to someone with a .006 82. Hopefully
> > he will be able to find out what the differences are so that pathes for Ash
> > and CrASH cna be released soon. As soon as I have some info on the new
> > version I will post it here.
> >
> > Dines
>
> OK
> If you need help you can ask me.
> Don't forgert to tell us once you'll have the new ROM dumped...
>
> Eric

I dumped the first page (16k) of the new 19.006 ROM, using the
ROM->PIC method, with a modified backup. Then I started to study
the Z80 disassembled code, to list the modifications. In fact,
there are few things changed in the code itself, but a lot of
"entry-points" have of course a new address (maybe only to annoy
asm hackers :-)).

I'll try to finish the list of modified address as soon as
possible, to make it available. I can also post the first page of
the 19.006 ROM if someone is interested.

I didn't get the other pages yet (I suppose that a piece of asm
is needed to switch to another bank).

--
Arnaud Rouanet <rouanet@emi.u-bordeaux.fr>
Departement Informatique - Universite Bordeaux 1