Re: A82: Re: Blockbuster :( or :) depending...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Blockbuster :( or :) depending...

>I thought OBD fixed that "bug" in clearing the graphmem.

  Yes, he did.

>Hehe, I think it's pretty funny that we a82'ers aren't letting Doug just
>finish his game and move onto something else.
>I'm sure he's got other things to do.
>Sam, do the new optimizations you made make porting easier, harder, or the
>same? Doug says in the readme that he wants
>to port this game to the other calcs already. :)

  The same. They were all simple things like:
   a)D_ZM_STR doesn't corrupt DE, so if you display one string at "ld
de,$0002", you simply write "ld d,$08" for the next one if you x coord is
the same.
   b)He used "ld (hl),a / ROM_CALL(TX_CHARPUT)" ~13 times, so I made it a
call command. I also made his set/res commands built into a call.
   c)He made a couple single calls (calling a routine which you only use
once)
   d)Positioning to remove jumps
   e)Highscore used 2 bytes, but the highest score value is less than 256.

  You get the idea. It might not be as "readable" as before, but the actual
code is unchanged for the most part.
   Sam