Re: A82: Ilya? (TAZM)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Ilya? (TAZM)

> TAZM is a Z80 table assembler like TASM301, but the main advantage is that
> there are no limitations until memory runs out.  Based on TASM301's docs I
> determined I was going to run out of line labels before I finished SQRXZ
> 82.  So, I threw up my hands in desperation and I wrote 2000 lines of
> source for TAZM.

Why are you using TASM301 ? TASM31 has been out for more than a year. TASM31
includes a protected mode version, and can handle 15000 labels.

> While I'm talking about TAZM, are there any features that anyone would
like
> to see?  Note that TAZM's syntax has some differences that make code
easier
[snip]

I understand that this makes the assembler easier to write (and probably
faster too), but this also means that you wont be able to compile any of the
source code which other people write. I would prefere to keep the TASM
syntax since it is easier to write.

Dines