RE: A82: New Versions of CrASH...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A82: New Versions of CrASH...

> >Hi everyone...   I think I should release CrASH v1.6 before I get too
> >caught
> >up with making the rest of CrASH2...
> >I will be releasing it in the near future with the following features:
> >
> >CrASH v1.6 - May 1999
> >
> >-> New Program Detect Code
> >TI-OS hidden programs to programs with names starting with $40
> '@', but not
> >in CrASH
> >
> >-> New CR_GRBCopy (bugfix)
> >draws 12 columns instead of 13 (7% speed improvement)
> >
> >-> Faster Relocation Code
> >10 clocks faster per relocated byte (16% speed improvement)
> >
> >-> New ROM_CALL calling function
> >21 clocks faster per call of ROM_CALL (14% speed improvement)
> >
> >-> Source release for CrASH Calls and the ROM_CALL calling function
>
>   Will the above make the existing programs run faster or does it simply
> mean that CrASH will run faster?

Well, programs that use CR_GRBCopy and ROM_CALL will run slightly faster
(though the ROM_CALLs are quite negligible).  Large programs will start
faster i.e. MegaMan82X (though loading time was still quite negligible as
well)

CrASH v1.6 will be out as soon as I go through some tests.

Try playing Tunnel now... it's a little more crazy :P

> >As for CrASH2, this is what's already planned:
> >
> >CrASH v2.0 - Sometime in 1999
> >-> All of the above improvements from v1.6
> >
> >-> VAT compatible Relocation of Programs
> >Allows using external data files by a running program
>
>   You mean simplifying the process over what was done in Vertigo and
> PlainJump?

Yes, and Penguins and others that look for stuff in VAT...  and I might
include a VAT search routine that you can call to find a pointer to the
external data bubble.

> >-> Several Newly added CrASH Calls:
> >CR_SpriteXOR ; draws clipped 8x8 sprite at GRAPH_MEM
> >CR_SprHtChg ; changes sprite's height
> >CR_GRBClear ; clears GRAPH_MEM - suggestion from Kouri
> >etc.
>
>   I believe you should also include what Dines included in ASH
> v3.1. That is
> the Usgard OTH commands.
>
>   OTH_ARROW  (Detect multiple keys at once, source availible in
>
>   Baseball '99)
>   OTH_PAUSE  (Wait for Enter to be pressed
>   OTH_CLEAR  (Clear BC bytes at HL)
>   OTH_FILL   (Fill BC bytes at HL)
>   etc.

Dines: Let's work out some standards for this TI-82 stuff, and I think you
need to distribute Ash v3.1 too...
Send me Ash v3.1 beta 2 and its include files, text files please...

> >-> Compatibility with CrASH v1.5 (Ash v3.0)
>
>    And hopefully ASH v3.1 when it is released.

Yes, but I would need it first.

-crashman

Follow-Ups: References: