Re: A82: Greyscale Mentioned?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Greyscale Mentioned?

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 ADAMMAN106@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/28/99 1:34:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Jkhum98@aol.com
> writes:
>
> > Ive read that ADAMMAN is using Greyscale for Defiance, and Jeremy is using
> it
> >
> >  for AgentX... Would y'all mind posting any source code you have on that?
>
> Jeremy posted his source on his website.  Though I haven't really looked at
> the source, I tried out his test programs and it seems to be better quality
> grayscale than mine.  Sometime I will probably analyze it and see what the
> differences are, but I'm pretty sure we both use interrupt speed to vary the
> quality of the grayscale.

Actually, the greyscale stuff on the page is a quite inefficient version,
given that I had forgotten about the cursor looping back up to the top of
the display after writing to the bottom row. I have a far better version
at home which takes advantage of a few more optimizations I came up with,
as well as being more "customizable". I've more or less identified the
points in the code where slowing down the routine will produce the best
results on calcs with different battery-power/display controller quality
or whatever else may cause it to slip up.
When my greyscale games are released, there'll probably be some sort of
routine which allows the user to "tune" the delay times to produce the
best display.
I'll try to post the new routine on my page tonight (Aus EST). Also, there
are a few other functions, such as a vastly improved (compared to the ROM
call) line drawing routine.

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: