Re: A82: Re: Alive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Alive?

>I had copy of beta 2 before my hard drive crashed. ;-(  I haven't heard
>anything for many months..

    I still have my copy of Beta 2 if you want it.

> >     3)??????????:  Mystery game based on a classic Palm pilot shooter.
> >           What's done: Graphics, basic engine
> >           What's missing: Enemy attacks, misc coding (levels,
> >             highscore, etc.)
> >              Current Size: 1137 bytes
>

>When can we expect the first release?

   Maybe I was being a little too secretative about this game. It's really
nothing special. In fact, originally I was going to use it merely as a
mini-game for Zelda, but then I realized that it used up so much temporary
memory(TEXT_MEM, etc.) that it would hinder Zelda.

   The game's called Subhunt. The object is to move your battleship across
the top, dropping depth charges off of the front or back of the boat upon
the submarines below. The submarines randomly fire up towards the surface.
They move right to left OR left to right at randomly selected speeds. The
amount of points that you receive is equal to the water depth times speed of
boat (the point total of each sub is written on the sub). The number of subs
on the screen at a time increases with the level number.

    The graphics are subject to change, cuz they're really big ;)
Here's a screenshot taken using VTI. I hope to release something early next
week.
   Sam