Re: A82: Alive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Alive?

inside a few stupid remarks.

>Although, I think there some advanced programming techniques that havent
>been
>used as much on the 82 as other z80 calcs, such as Interrupts,

  Picross used to have interrupts, but it proved not to be economically
feasible.

>Relocation (do
>82 shells support that already?)

yes.

>Link-Play games

   Nobody makes link-play games for other calculators, either.

   Anyone know what happened to that 82/85 programmer Yumberto (?) guy who
was making a link-play game?

>External Programs,

  I have some plans ;)

>Greyscale, etc.

   Jwaz was making 2 greyscale games (a side scrolling shooter, and a doom
clone)

>I remember that
>Sam had trouble with external levels on the 82 with Plain Jump, did that
>ever
>get worked out, or are there better methods yet?

  That was worked out. The source codes to PJ and the PJ level editor are
availible to the public. External levels on the 82 certainly are not much
fun. Which reminds me...WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MADE A SINGLE PJ LEVEL?!?! I made
6 in 20 minutes, it really doesn't take that much. Admittedly, the level
editor isn't the most user-friendly thing ever made, but it is useable.

On the topic of external levels:
     1)Is there any interest in reviving the Orzunoid 82 project?

     2)How do you execute an program from within a program?
  Sam