A82: scrolling

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: scrolling

my game uses two 12x12 left-to-right top-to-bottom tile-maps for both
vertical and horizontal scrolling (so i cant use any x,y swapped tilemaps)-
when i scroll right i use data from tilemap #2 to draw new gfx on to the
screen and when i scroll left i use tilemap #1 to draw new gfx. however,
since both tilemaps are 12x12 (which is necessary for the levels) when im
scrolling horizontally im also scrolling vertically, so there is a y offset
along with an x offset. my main problem is with left-right scrolling. i dont
know how to draw new gfx after scrolling using this format. btw, if i scroll
to the right or left 96 pixels screen #2 is loaded to screen #1 and new map
data is decoded into screen #2, therefore its different from conventional
scrolling methods.