Re: A82: Random routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Random routine

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Wazny <j.wazny@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au>
To: <assembly-82@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 1999 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: A82: Random routine

> Actually, the value of r is used as an offset into page zero of memory, so
> the randomness depends on the distribution of data there. I think that's
> where the zero you're talking about came from.
> I think that probably even the simplest scheme for random number
> generation would suffice in this case; who's going to be able to mentally
> pick the next combination of cards from their current state? :)
>
> -Jeremy

If you just recieve data from register "r" then each time you run the
program you will be in the same state and play the same game each time.  Im
sure that the sequences generated in each individual game will be unique for
the first time you play it.  If you do not believe me then try running both
routines against each other on an emulator where you begin at a saved state.

-harper

Follow-Ups: References: