A82: RE: Greyscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: RE: Greyscale

Thanks for those kind, guiding words. Of course I could implement the
interrupt routine, the problem is, as you say yourself, to implement an
optimized sprite routine for greyscale. It would be very nice if you could
produce that, or copy-paste it from one of your gs-games.

TIA,

Erik

Your message:
I kind of assume that anybody who'd have the ability to write an asm game
for the 82 would be able to easily "figure out" how to use the interrupt
routine. After all, it's simply a matter of:a) including the file in your
source
b) calling the install function
c) writing to areas in memory designated as _pic1 and _pic2 (point your
functions to one of these bitplanes instead of the standard GRAPH_MEM)
d) waiting a split second for the interrupt to update the screen with
fresh greyscale goodness
If you'd like, I can write a sprite routine or something (and optimize it
for writing two sprites at the same offset from the start of a bitplane at
once), but I doubt I'd have time to crank out a whole game at this time,
simple or otherwise.-Jeremy