Re: A82: 6 by x sprite routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: 6 by x sprite routines

That's possible, but again, you're better off using 8bit mode. 16x16
sprites can be drawn quite efficiently (taking less time than say running
an 8x8 routine 4 times), whether whole or as halves. As for memory, you
are, in effect, losing 4bits per line of the 12x12 sprite. Of course, you
can still use those bits, but it becomes quite awkward.
There's no reason why you can't use sprites with widths which are
multiples of six (or any other +ve integer), but unless you've got an
exceptional reason, it's probably not worth it. (Getting more "mileage"
out of a row by using more "thinner" bitmaps is probably reasonable in
some circumstances, I guess.)

-Jeremy