A82: Plain Jump

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Plain Jump

   I have decided to change the way I am going to port Plain Jump to the
82. I originally I was going to port the Usgard version directly. The
external level routines are too much of a pain, so now I have decided to
port the Zshell version. The Zshell version had one built-in level and
the ability to custumize one of your own. I will not be directly porting
the Zshell version either, however. If anyone has ever played the Zshell
version, then you know how absolutely shitty it is. It uses 24 x 24
sprites instead of 16 x 16 so everything is big and slow. A lot of the
other options also aren't as good as in the Usgard version. So my plan
is to port the Zshell version then impliment the all Usgard version's
functions(minus external levels). Then eventually adding external levels
in the distant future.
   I began working on the Zshell version yesterday. I hope to have betas
ready by early next week(school permitting). To determine a beta testing
team, a Ztetris contest will be held in a similar fashion to the Zkart
contest a month or two ago. The contest will start either tomorrow or
Saturday depending on how much time I have to work on PJ.
    Sam