Re: A82: HELP!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: HELP!!!!

that, or if it freezes when you put ANY link into the calc, then it's
your port.  the ti85 situation proves that.  the metal contacts might be
slightly off, making a dual connection that will freeze it.  my friend's
calc has that problem.  i soldered half a link cable into it, allowing
SOME usability.  i will be looking for a 2.5mm surface mount jack,
though. if anyone knows a good location, tell me.  (RADIO SHACK does NOT
carry it)

-Greg

EMAIL: l0rdg0at@juno.com; lordgoat@somethingorother.com;
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42
WEB: http://lordgoat.dyn.ml.org/    *or*  http://tiroms.home.ml.org

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 14:20:41 EDT ADAMMAN106@aol.com writes:

>> HELP!!!!  has this ever happened to you?
>>
>>  I wanted to put boulderdash on my 82 and when I pluged in the
>graphlink it
>>  froze!!  when I took it out it unfroze!!  I can't send proggies to
>my 82!!!
>>
>>  I tried it on my 85...   IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!
>>
>>  do I have to get a new calc?
>>
>>  if so I think I would get an 86...  cause of the emulator :-)
>>
>>  please reply!
>
>well that happened to me and I had to get a new graphlink.  What
>happened with
>mine was, I used it so frequently that the gold-colored plating on the
>plug
>had been worn totally off.  To get it to work, I fooled around with
>the
>position of the plug until the cursor started blinking again, then I
>very
>carefully held it in the air and did the graphlink software.  I did
>this until
>it completely stopped working, then I got a new one.  It shouldn't be
>problem with your calc, and it probably shouldn't work with your 85
>(mine was
>irratic with my 92 also)
>
>~Adamman

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: