A82: Definition problem fixed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Definition problem fixed

Wouter was kind enough to show me what was wrong with my
macro, so no one else need reply to all those other
messages I posted. The reason it wasn't working was not
because of the macro. It was because I used an apostrophe
in my string. TASM for some reason interprets them as
something else and that is what was wrong with my prog.
Replacing the apostrophe with $27 (or 39), the character
code for ' fixed it. So .db "Rogue's Name",0 would look
like .db "Rogue",39,"s Name",0
Thank you Wouter for helping me out. :)

P.S. What other characters does TASM interpret differently?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]