Re: A82: Definition help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Definition help

1) Okay, but it hasn't made a difference when I compile.
2) I think I heard somewhere that if you use a ROM_CALL more than three
times, it's more efficient to call it, since a call takes 2 bytes and a
ROM_CALL takes 3 (?). Also, I have tried substuting the call with the
ROM_CALL and there was no difference.
3) Yes, all the strings are at the end and I didn't want to make the
e-mail any longer.
4) You mean the ld hl,(x*256)+y? I guess I could. That's how it's written
in the galaxian and orzunoid source, so I don't think that would change
anything. Could my compiler be on the fritz?

On Sat, 30 May 1998 12:57:29 EDT ADAMMAN106@aol.com writes:

>Inside

>> This is a definition from mines82.asm by Wouter Demuynck:
>>
>>  #define TEXT_ZM(Xloc,Yloc,Addr) .db %00100001 \ .db Xloc,Yloc \ LD
>>  (CURSOR_X),hl \ .db %00100001 \ .dw Addr \ ROM_CALL(D_ZM_STR)
>>
>>  Evidently this works, since he must have been able to compile a
>working
>>  game with it.
>>

>really?!?!?!?!?!  I've been trying to figure out how to get multiple
>args into
>a definition for a while!  I didn't think you could w/ TASM.  It
>actually
>looks like the .dbs and .dws would crash the calc.  I'd like Wouter to
>explain
>

>>  This is my definition:
>>
>>  .define text(x,y,string) ld hl,(x*256)+y \ ld (GRAF_CURS),hl \ ld
>>  hl,string \ call DISPLAY_STRING
>>
>>  .
>>  .
>>  .
>>
>>  DISPLAY_STRING:
>>  	ROM_CALL(D_ZM_STR)
>>  	ret
>>

>>  Mine does not work. Why? Anyone?
>
>1.) use #define instead of .define because it stands out more
>
>2.) why not say ROM_CALL(D_ZM_STR) instead of call DISPLAY_STRING?
>
>3.) you need to have the string defined beforehand to display it
>
>4.) take out the parentheses in the ld hl... instruction
>
>I'm not sure how to do this exactly.  I've tried it but it never
>worked for me
>
>~Adamman

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: