Re: A82: self modifying

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: self modifying

whoa, so you mean that your prog won't have a constant size? it'll change
if something is added (or deleted)? that's pretty kewl. makes me think of
multiple saved game files and such.

On Thu, 14 May 1998 08:20:07 -0400 (EDT) "L0rdG0aT, Lord of sodomy and of
darkness" <milewskg@stuy.edu> writes:

>ok, i want to mod my code to the extreme, and i was wondering... does
>crash and/or ash have aial storage area to remember how many bytes to
>relocate?
>
>ie, a prog is 1000 bytes, does it store the #1000 somewhere so i knows
>how
>much to move?
>
>or does it just look at the first word of the prog and move that back?
>
>if i alter the prog to be 200 bytes smaller, then fix the addresses,
>can i
>just change the first 2 bytes to the new size, or will the shell/ti-os
>bitch about it?
>
>thanks.
>
>-Greg

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: