Re: Re: A82: Graphlink and Calc questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A82: Graphlink and Calc questions

>>   1)How can you remove the back to your calc? I have already removed
>>the bottom 2 screws yet the back doesn't come off. If I could open up
>>the calc I might be able to extract the metal piece from my link port.
>
>you have to remove the center screw that holds the backup battery.

  I tried that. After I removed the screws the bottom part of the calc I was able to pry open, but the top part held firm. Then I decided not to pry any further when I saw 2 springs which aparently hold the two pieces together. The springs started to make noise the more I pried so I gave up.

>>   2)Is it possible to cut the Graphlink wire and then attach part of
>>a standard link cable which would basically replace the end of my
>>graphlink with the end of a link cable.
>

>yep.  just make sure you connect everything correctly.
   I thought so but it didn't work when I tried it. I'll try again once I get the metal thing out of my calc.

>>   Thank you to anyone who responds.
>
>you're welcome.  as for the link port (this is from 85 experience), you
>can (after removing the casing) take the top of the link jack off, remove
>anything, then put the top back.  it sanps on basically.  pretty easy.
>
>-Greg
  I don't know about the 85 but the 82 casing doesn't just come off. There appear to be springs holding it together. In order to separate the casing I would have to be more physical than I would like to be with my $70 calc.

http://www.mailexcite.com