Re: A82: Re: Galaxian v3.0 queston

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Galaxian v3.0 queston

>OTH_CLEAR clears BC bytes starting from HL. Replacing it with the
>following code should work.
>
>LD D,H
>LD E,L
>INC DE
>LD (HL),0
>LDIR
>
>(PROGRAM_ADDR) is not used on the 82 any more because of relocation. Most
>places just replacing it by 0 will work, but it is better to rewrite the
>code so it is not used at all. For exampel :
>
>LD HL,my_string
>LD DE,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
>ADD HL,DE
>ROM_CALL(D_Z_STR
>
>should be
>
>LD HL,my_string
>ROM_CALL(D_Z_STR
>
>Dines

     Thanx, that will be good information for the future. In Galaxian, the OTH_CLEAR
actually wasn't neccessary at all so I could just delete it. Dines, since you are
so good at 82 ASM and also appear to be extremely knowledgable in every other TI
ASM. Why not so less shell making and more game porting. What the 82 really needs
is not 2 ASM shells that are compatible with each other, but rather more good games!

   Evil Sam

http://www.mailexcite.com