Re: A82: Jezzball 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Jezzball 82

You wrote:

>competition is a normal human trait... it brings the best and worst
out
>of people, and without competition, we wouldn't have crash and its
>abilities.  now both shells are trying to meet the "consumers'" needs,
>and it benefits us more than you think.  if you have 5 progs on your
calc
>that have external file support, you don't want the VAT_READ routine
in
>each, you want it in the shell... it saves space.  without
competition,
>the human race would be long dead, w/o having reproduced, furthering
our
>civilization.

    That is true of a real-life market place..but come on, these are
ti-calculators. I truly doubt that crashman wanted to "dethrone" ASH.
Look at the 85 scene, its a mess...all these shells...diff games...they
need to collaborate and make 1 good/perfect shell. CrASH currently -is-
better than ASH, and if ASH were to up the par and become as good as
CrASH, what would be the point..? All this competition talk just doesnt
apply to such an amateurish place as ti-land. Not to say our games and
stuff arent cool, but no one is making a profit, and competition for
the sake of "looking cooler than the next programmer" isnt very much
incentive, I dont think.
                                            ~Kurai