Re: A82: Finger power?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Finger power?

I think this idea is interesting, but ultimately fruitless.  The problem I see
with it is that human bodies do not put out enough electrical energy to power a

calculator.  The proposal states that we "boost" the output from your body to 6

volts - this is rather difficult because of the law of mass-energy
conservation.  One equation you learn in physics states that power=
voltage*current, and power is a measure of energy per unit time.  Since our
bodies put out a limited range of energy, the power term is essentially fixed,
and so in order to "boost" the voltage, the current must be decreased inversely

proportionally because energy has to be conserved.  (This is what a step-up
transformer does).  If we did have the right transformer to boost the voltage
so much, the current would be so low that we wouldn't be able to use it.
I don't think our bodies put out enough power to drive a calculator no matter
how much electrical manipulation one does with it.  I know some watch company
is making a watch that runs on electricity from your body, but watches don't
require nearly as much power as a calculator does.
As for the CD player - i'd like to see a reference for that because i don't
think it's possible...  but hey - i could be wrong.  =)

- Bryan Catanzaro