Re: A82: Hexedit

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Hexedit

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Greg R Milewski wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Mar 1998 23:04:31 -0600 ilya winham <ilyamojo@geocities.com>
> writes:
> >
> >Hexedit is great! But I can't figure out why I can't edit-lock and
> >unlock with it. I tried but it didn't work. Can someone email me the
> >instructions on how to do it, lets say, just load CrASH and Hexedit on
> >
> >your calc, un-lock CrASH and tell me exactly how you did it!!
> >I would appreciate it a lot
> >
> >~Ilya
> >

> i didn't try doing that, but i'll give it a shot.  Isn't the info you're
> looking for in "Hacking the ti-82" text file, of perhaps the ti82 program
> text file?  Thanx for the input on the prog.
>
> -Greg

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

oh, yeah, i remeber how now...  look for the backward name, then the byte
after is the length of the name, the the 2 bytes (1 word) after the length
is the address (read normally), and after that is the 05 or 06.
06==editlocked. it worked for me.  DO NOT CHANGE TO ANY OTHER VALUE!! it
totally screws up... trust me.

oh, yeah, when looking up a prog, proceed to the addr, and the first 2
bytes are the length of the prog, and the next 2 are the ASH/CrASH header.

ASH	D9 00
CRASH	D5 00

any questions, suggestions, or anything else about the prog?

-Greg