A82: Fixed point math & trig routines needed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Fixed point math & trig routines needed!

I think I'm going to start writing a demo raycasting maze while I wait for
breakthroughs from OBD and Will Dempster, the people who are trying to find
the fatal Dr. Mario bug.  I have a working raycaster on my calculator, but
it's in BASIC and runs at a speed of about 1 frame per 2 minutes, not exactly
realtime.
So here's what I need:

1.) addition/subtraction/multiplication/division routines that input and
output numbers with a fixed decimal of 2 or 3 places.

2.) I don't really need a trig routine, but I will use the format of the math
routines to make trig tables.

I would make the routines myself, but small and fast routines aren't exactly
my expertise.
Thank you in advance for any help!

~Adamman

PS: I found Dines' math routines on ticalc.org but it doesn't say the format
of the numbers in the file.  If Dines could explain this than maybe I will use
those routines.  Nice work, Dines!