Re: A82: Emulation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Emulation

At 18:07 1998-06-12 -0400, you wrote:

>Simple.. based on what you're using. TI8xemu is complicated; you actually
>have to link from the calc. When trying to link, it's much simpler to just
>use CalcEM.. that will just let you send files in .8xx format. Here's a
>simple way to play it out: if you want speed, use TI8xemu; if you want a
>simple way to send files, use CalcEM.

And some people mail me to say that CalcEm is too fast :-)
I use a P133 and then the emulator runs a little faster than the actual calculator does.

For the next version of CalcEm, I have changed Z80 engine to the same as in TI8xEmu. This was done to allow speed control. When I had implemented it enough to run, I found it running the cursor blinking very fast, just like in TI8xEmu. As I didn't believe this engine to be much faster, I looked around and found out that when it reaches a HALT, it doesn't wait for an interrupt, it issues one immediately. This will make the calculator very fast when it's idle...

Sincerely,
                       -/- David Eriksson -/-

CalcEm - The Calculator Emulator  ->  http://www.2goodsoft.com/calcem/

Follow-Ups: References: