Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!(More like the death of OS-82)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!(More like the death of OS-82)

>> > After this run in
>> >with you guys and your apparently strong feelings against people
>> exploring
>> >the realm of programming, I therefore won't explore the realm of
>> shells.  I
>> >had no idea that you guys would get so ticked off.  Won't even
mention
>> the
>> >word shell again.  NOW ARE YOU HAPPY??!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>    Jeez, I guess you took people's criticism of your intent to
release
>> the CrASH source a little too personal. I doubt anybody wouldn't like
an
>> even better shell. Since you are so fond of O-Shell, why don't you
try
>> to make an ASh and Oshell compatible shell. Others have tried(Jass
and
>> CrASH).
>
>IMHO, that would be a waste of time.  OS-82 doesn't have relocation or
any
>other advanced features, and its not being developed anymore.  If you
want
>to work on a shell, work on a new, better one.  But I think Ash & CrASH
are
>pretty good right now.

   Personally, I think ASH is the only shell that is needed. I made the
suggestion because Thomas must really like OS-82. He seems determined to
resurrect the dead shell. The "ASH to Oshell Development Kit" comes to
mind. Last September, OS-82 was a decent shell. For one thing, it never
crashed on me. But now the shell is dead.
   The only decent game for it that hasn't already been ported to ASH is
MarioMan, but even that game was very buggy. A Lode-Runner game is
currently being made for ASH, so what's the point in making a Oshell/ASH
compatible shell? Looking back, the comment I made was rediculous.