Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: CrASH Hacked!!!!

You should have known that Ash 3.1 would have all of
CrASH's routines because Ash 3.1 is supposed to be
compatable with CrASH. I agree that if someone really
wanted to write their own shell, it would be very difficult
to start from scratch, but that doesn't give you permission
to give away other people's code.
On another note, your idea of having a "shell" built into
the game sounds pretty interesting. I suppose if you made a
game big enough (ie. Joltima, FFX4, Dying Eyes, LD2) then
you don't really need to have a shell, since only your game
will fit on the calc. Then you could just run it straight
from the PRGM menu. You would also save a few bytes by only
including support for what your game needs. Okay, that's my
two bits. :)

On Fri, 05 Jun 1998 09:29:15 -0400 "Thomas J. Hruska" <thruska@tir.com>
writes:

<snip>

>I wouldn't know this because I'm not a beta tester.
Making a shell takes a lot of effort and knowledge of the
82 backup file.  I took the initiative to take a shell
apart to see what it looks like.  Once I've got the code
commented, and I figure out how to create pointers in the
VAT and put those pointers/variables into TI-BASIC code,
I'll be able to write MY OWN shell from scratch (which will
be based solely on a game engine...so the current code
won't be any good except for the VAT entries and TI-BASIC
code to enter the shell).  Besides, Kouri and Evil Sam and
anyone else, you want to write your own shell too...why not
start with a base and work up from there?  Beginner shell
writers have no idea where to start or how to code one, so
they need some type of example.  I need the routines anyway
for OShell-82 and OS-82 to make ASH/CrASH code easy to port
to those shells.

<snip>

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: