A82: I'M BAAACCCKKK!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: I'M BAAACCCKKK!!!

Whew!  I finally got a stupid TCP/IP connection.  Okay, here's the low-down
on what's been going on my end of things.  First, I got to Taylor and I
"discovered" that I needed a 10Base-T network card.  I borrowed one at
first, but that didn't really work very well because I couldn't find
drivers for it.  So, I had to order a network card.  When it arrived, I had
to swap network cards with someone who had to swap cards with someone else
and give that network card to me (if that made any sense, I'd like to know
:)  Next came the problem of figuring out which drivers to use out of about
25 in about 30 directories.  That was fun...no, it was a riot.  After
typing "win /n" in about 50 bazillion times (doesn't load network drivers
on loading), I finally got a nice little prompt that asked me to type in my
password (around this point I finally get some cable long enough to run to
the socket).  I type it in and then it said I couldn't access the DHCP
server.  So, I had to get on someone else's machine and download the TCP/IP
protocol drivers and then install them on my machine.  After experimenting
for a while, I finally got access to my POP3 server which is supposed to be
a T1 connection, but acts like a 33.6 connection (blame Micro$oft as usual
:)  Then I couldn't open an SMTP connection to my ISP's mail server.  So, I
had to go through geocities.  Finally, I could send messages to everyone.
So, the result of all this is this message.

Just to be slightly on topic, and not get flamed, SQRXZ 82 was on the
backburner for the time I've been unable to get access to my e-mail.  I
plan on working on SQRXZ some if I can stay awake that long.