Re: A82: The Speed82 Competition

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: The Speed82 Competition

This is exactly the code I wrote. One problem: When you put the last
character using TX_CHARPUT, it scrolls the screen down. Somehow, you need
to put in that last character yourself. The best you can end up with is
either 7 full rows, and one blank, or 127 A, B, or C's and one blank space.

> start_of_code:
>         add a, $40              ;makes a=the letter now
>         ld hl,0
>         ld (CURSOR_POS),hl      ;being safe
>         ld c,0

Don't believe you need to do this. [ld c, 0]

>         ld b,128                ;the whole screen
> disploop:
>         ROM_CALL(TX_CHARPUT)
>         djnz disploop
>
> pauseloop:              ;so you can see ur work.
>         call GET_KEY
>         or a            ;any key... if no key then zf
>         jr z, pauseloop
>         ret     ;the end.
>
> ta-da.          -Greg

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: