Re: A82: Galaxian v2.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Galaxian v2.0

ADAMMAN106@aol.com wrote:

> I recently downloaded Galaxian 2.0 and was presented immediately with 3 bugs:
>
> 1.) You have to press ENTER and 2nd at the title screen and MODE or ENTER at
> the highscore screen numerous times to get it to work
>
> 2.) The lasers don't do anything, just slows down the movement of the ship
>
> 3.) The contrast is all messed up - contrast is too low when game is started,
> then way too high when the game ends and you turn off your calc.
>
> I have ROM version 17.0, if that makes any difference at all
>
> ~Adamman

	Sorry about not answering the 3 question in my other response. I
had to go to school. Heres whats up with number three. When you push
pause for the first time in either Galaxian or Orzunoid, the contrast
drops about three settings. The program basically is restarting the
contrast settings. Then you push + until you reach the setting of your
choice. The next time you press pause the contrast you selected last time
you pressed MODE will still be enabled. I know its a pain in the butt,
and I'll try to fix that in version 3.0(if I ever get a graphlink again).
As for the problem with the contrast being very high when you exit and
shut off the calc. Its the same problem occuring with ASH as the progs do
with CrASH. This only occurs if your batteries are low so that you select
a contrast higher than the normal settings. CrASH and ASH deal with
having a setting higher than normal differently. CrASH and ASH(now
I know) cause the screen to be absolutely blank until you hold 2nd+DOWN.
Sometimes in ASH and CrASH if you select a certain setting, it will go to
setting 9 when the calc restarts. Again I'll try to fix that in the next
version.
	Evil Sam
ALSO	 I would like to apologize to the CrASH people for saying in the
	readme included with Galaxian and Orzunoid that the contrast
	problem was CrASH only. SORRY!