Re: A82: Solytare suggestion...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Solytare suggestion...

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:13:53 -0500, you wrote:

>A lot of people seem to be complaining about the way Solytare 2.1 works.  I
>have a suggestion that you make the mouse cursor move a little faster and
>that you also add scrolling.  This would allow you to get the full 128x64
>pixels that you need to make a more accurate game of solytare like on the
>85.  I suggest having two versions in case someone wants to use the version
>without scrolling that way nobody will have anything to complain about.
>
>Implementing the screen scrolling will be a problem as I am assuming that
>you are using lines and text and not sprites which could slow things down
>considerably.  If you do scrolling, make it smooth scrolling or it will
>degrade the game and people will complain about the jerkiness of the
>scrolling routines.  Hope that helps you get some ideas.

I do not think that making the game scroll would be worth the trouble
(and may make the game look worse!).  (and the game does use only
sprites on the game screen.)  I will take the GET_KEY out of the main
loop, and i will make the cards take up a full 12 pixels (instead of
11 like in 2.1).  Hopefully this will fix most of the complaints.  I
probably won't do it until this weekend (i'm setting up my new
computer!).

-mike pearce
mgp4007@omega.uta.edu