RE: A82: sorry to be a little under educated but....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A82: sorry to be a little under educated but....

I'm thinking about doing this...I had support for programs, but just having
support for programs took 254 words, so if you wanted, say more than
programs, I'd have to go a step futher...

Grant

>We know the link protocol.  That's not really the issue.  The issue is
>getting an expander to act like a calculator without being one and costing
>us $100 a piece or something like that.  You need to be able to select a
>file from the expander and set the calculator to link mode in order to get
>the file, which is pretty difficult.  The best option is to first get an
>allocation table with all of the file names (as a program, since the 82
>has no strings), and have each one of those resolve to a file number.
>Then send the number (as a variable) to the expander, which would have to
>respond JUST like another TI in order to get it, yank out the value, and
>finally, send that file to the 82, giving you just enough time to hit the
>link-receive menu.
>It's not easy to code all of that into a microcontroller, even though it
>is a nice idea.
>As for the EuP 82 drivers, Grant can't do them until there's a shell that
>can support editing the VAT and creating new values without causing
>potentially serious problems.
>Christopher Kalos
>raptorone@stuytech.com
>Executive Director/Administrator