A82: Calc Broken??? Games Cancelled/Delayed???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Calc Broken??? Games Cancelled/Delayed???

DISASTER!
	On Saturday, I started to work at fixing a bug in the highscores
table in Galaxian 82. The game asks for you to enter your name. Instead
of then displaying the highscores table, it exits to the CrASH
homescreen. Then after exiting CrASH, an invalid dim error was displayed
and my calculator immediately crashed. When I took the batteries out and
put them back in, all I got when I turned the calc on was a black screen.
None of the buttons have any effect. I took out and reinserted the
lithium battery to no avail. I think my calculator maybe broken for good.
If anyone else has ever gotten a problem where the screen is dark and
none of the buttons work, then please post or email me how you fixed your
calc. If no one has ever caused their calc to permanently lock up, then I
may be the first person to find a bug that will permanently disable a
calculator.  I have yet to call the ti helpline. It may be a very long
time before I will have constant and immediate access to a calculator.
	But who really cares about someone completely screwing up his
calculator? What this posting is really about is the status of my three
TI-82 gaming projects. All of my projects have been severely delayed. My
main project and focus is Galaxian 82. I know I am a fool for continuing
the project after it ruined my calc, but hopefully the crashing of my
calc is just coincidental with something inside the calc breaking. If not
I will probably screw up someone else's calculator and lose a friend. I
have a new strategy for the release of this game. I am going to release
as I work. The first version will be released tomorrow. It will have no
extras thrown in, but it won't crash your calc. It will be named Galaxian
0.2 Demo. I hope to release a new demo every week until Galaxian 1.0.
When I release Galaxian 1.0, I will release the source. I am sorry, but
the last extra I will implement will be the highscores because it caused
by calc to screw up. I am asking that the people who write reviews for
ticalc.org and the TI-Philes not write reviews for my demos. My 2nd
gaming project is Orzunoid. I will release version 3.2 later this week.
After that I do not know how long it will be before I update it. My 3rd
project was a port of Duckhunt 83z to the TI-82. Unfortunately now
without a calc, I do not have much time to program so in order to finish
Galaxian and Orzunoid I am scrapping this project midway in development.
Someone else should port it because it is definitely a fun game(???Ilya,
you have more experience on making 83 ports than anybody).
	So don't expect rapid progress on a finished Galaxian due to my
calculator breaking, but expect it eventually. Sorry for the length of
my post.
		Evil Sam