Re: A82: Tiafho

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Tiafho

At 06:04 PM 1/17/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> I can't read the readme file since
>>it
>>uses a long filename and I don't have Windows 95 yet.
>
>Well,  you can open it, it just is odd in that the filename looks
>corrupt.
>ie.  Mud Wrestling Story.txt is mudwre~1.txt  or mudwrest.txt to Pre Win
>95 computers.
>~L C
>Larry1492@juno.com

No I can't open it.  PKZIP versions for Win95 preserves the long filenames
and allows spaces in the decompressed files.  No matter how hard you try to
read the "taifho r.doc" file, you can't because there is a character 32
(space) in between taifho and the r...not a tilde (~) like you think there
is.  That is why it has to be PKUNZIPed twice to rename it to a readable
name.  I still use the DOS because it IS faster (and I only have Win 3.11
because I need it for some apps and also for those rare times I need more
than one DOS prompt)!

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.

Follow-Ups: References: