A82: Computer crashed...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Computer crashed...

Stupid computer!  Yesterday, I typed in "clock$" at the DOS prompt and my
computer's CMOS RAM was deleted and it took me a long time to get it back
so I could log onto my ISP again...still don't know if everything is
working right.  So, I couldn't do anything on SQRXZ 82.  Wait, I take that
back, I got the jumping/falling routine straightened out by drawing the
sprites by hand on my calculator...yuck :)

Moral of this story:  Don't ever type "clock$" and press enter at the DOS
prompt or your life will be screwed up.  However, if you have a
super-clunky network at school and want free-time, tell everyone in the
room to boot to DOS by bypassing the network drivers and then type it in
and reboot.  Havok will occur on the network in less than 2 minutes :)

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.