Re: A82: Fun things to play on emulators (Formerly Game idea (roms, basi

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Fun things to play on emulators (Formerly Game idea (roms, basically))

Greg R Milewski wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 23:07:24 EST ADAMMAN106 <ADAMMAN106@aol.com> writes:
> >
> >In a message dated 98-02-27 23:00:54 EST, you write:
> >
> >> I found an NES emulator at yahoo (search under "NES roms")
> >>  (it is illeagal to download the rom without having ownership of the
> >catrige
> >>  so....)
> >>  there are plenty of games just waiting to be ported on these
> >sites..
> >> download
> >>  some games...
> >
> >There's lots of 'em out there.  I have a SNES emu.
> >
> >~Adamman
> >
> i have basically every emu and roms there is out there (i need something
> faster to run a good snes emu w/ sound), and of course, there's plenty of
> games to port over, but i think that graphics-wise, we're limited to the
> nes/gameboy/gamegear/sega master machine and any early computers, like
> the trs-80 and the C64.  otherwise, we have to tone down the grafx a
> whole lot.
>
> as to legal matters, some sites say that you must own the original
> cartridge to dl them, others say that if you don't, then you must remove
> it from your HD w/in 24 hours (gee... doesn't warez state that too?)
> (they don't say about zip drives though, hehe), and others state that
> it's illegal anyway, so i guess it just doesn't matter. here's a good
> site for nes roms:
>                 http://www.sibertech.com/ajik/roms.html
> it has a lot of nes roms, so start sucking some bandwidth.  i believe
> there's a nes disassembler somewhere out there...
>
> -Greg

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Classicgaming.com is better (no Super NES ROMs, but it has everything else
you may want in your collection, nix Japanese ROMs). :)

Anyways, there are some really cool NES ROMs to check out- Super Donkey Kong
2 (Donkey Kong Country 2 port) and Somari (a reprogrammed Sonic with Mario as
the main character- for the NES.). By the way, please do yourself a favor and
try out the NES ROMs (all in japanese) Goemon 1 (translated by a friend of
mine, Demi), 2 (if you can read japanese) and Goemon Gaiden (it is also in
japanese, but it's an action game, so it doesn't matter). For the Super NES,
Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Ganbare Goemon 1) is tops. :)

--
Goemon (part time TI author and full time emulation historian)
http://my.voyager.net/ejsmithj/ (please don't eat the flowers)