A82: Reality PROPOSAL: TI-82 "Enhancement" Project

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Reality PROPOSAL: TI-82 "Enhancement" Project

I have been off this list for a long time, but it seems that I have been
working on a similar project as the rest of you.

Putting aside the physical demands needed to do this new PROM thing, someone,
somewhere, would have to purchase a EPROM programmer.  Not I. Probably not
you.

As for that Unix on the calc idea, I need to know how far you've gotten.
Having recently switched platforms from MacOS to Linux (yup, that's
right...Linux on Mac, and I didn't pay a cent for it), I have been allowed the
honor of experiencing the superiority of the Unix line of operating systems.
I have a multiprocessing kernel that executes commands on a basis of when they
were installed on the system.  The primary problem I've had is that programs
must be coded perfectly, or the system hangs.  Why TI didn't chose a
multiprocessing environment in the first place still gets me.  So far, the
entire system is no larger than some of medium sized games out there, and
that's with zero optimization.

As for the person who claimed to have gotten 25% on his TI-Unix
version...don't give up.  You and I could both use some competition here.
Also, how did you get by the program execution?  So far, the option I am
having to look at is the incorporation of every program into the actual Unix
program. Let me know, please.

Finally, as for an enhancement, has anyone tried using interrupts to get more
out of the available keys, and the execution of small features?

Matt Stack