Re: A82: A little question...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: A little question...

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997 23:00:02 +0100, you wrote:

>Is it possible to launch an ASM prog from another one ?
>If it's possible ( And I know it's...), PLEASE, help me!
>
>	Bob The Cat.

it would be difficult.  you would need to search the VAT for the
program that you wanted (to get it's address), then relocate the
program to START_ADDR.  the program would need to be moved while not
interfering with the original program starting it.  maybe the new
version of ASH or CrASH will support something like this??????  one
way you could do it is to store the code to swap programs at a fixed
location (say in text mem) then get the PC to point to this code and
execute it.  no matter what, it is going to be a big pain, i would
imagine.

-mike
 mgp4007@omega.uta.edu