Re: A82: The BIG 5!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: The BIG 5!

>>there's nothing pseudo 3d about doom except that each point can only
have
An interesting thing I found is that you can pick the doomsrc (in Linux
C) up from any idmirror just recently...

>>one floor and one ceiling and the game uses sprites for enemies and
items..
>>otherwise all the 3D routines are as real as they're gonna get.
Quake(II)  is even still psuedo-3D because (well, the maps are pure 3d)
the sprites and etc are still BMPed out and are bent to the scene through
polygons..

>as far as i know, DOOM doesn't even use a polygon routine anywhere in
>it.
Yep... pure BMPing and wall texture perspectiving (noclipping validates
this)

>any true 3D game would have to use polygons, IMHO.
IMHO too

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]