Re: A82: Galaxian v2.1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Galaxian v2.1

At 07:52 PM 2/6/98 -0500, you wrote:

>it's also real annoying pushing Y= and ZOOM to shoot.. how about making 2ND
>shoot the bullets and ALPHA shoot the lasers.. it's not very comfortable
>the way the buttons are set up..

Also what isn't comfortable is knowing that as you play your points
decrease, requiring you to go as fast as possible to get a real high score.
 I also added rapid-fire capabilities to the source and sent it to this
list before v2.1 even came out.  The least the guy could've done is spare
our [Y=] key from getting destroyed.  On top of that, my high score is only
49,007 points (that is probably an all-time high for anybody and I got real
lucky...few enemies firing at all and I beat every level as quickly as
could be done).

NOTE:  Rapid-fire starts out REAL slow and gets progressively faster as
long as you beat each level without losing lives (gets slower if you die).
So, rapid-fire saves my [Y=] key but also provides a challenge to survive
to better firepower.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.