A82: SQRXZ 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: SQRXZ 82

I have finally finished the animation section of the A.I. engine which will
work with all the objects I need in the game except for the SQRXZ
character.  I can create almost any type of enemy/foreground/background
object that I want and animate it.  It is going REAL slow on my end of
programming and I know I should already be done but I want to do well in
school this year.  I am beginning work on the main character to develop it
completely.

Once done with SQRXZ 82 I will release the source code in v1.1 of the
Development Kit which will contain everything needed to make your own games
that look a bit like SQRXZ.  During the making of "SQRXZ II:  The revenge
of SQRXZ" (Yes, I am reserving the name SQRXZ II but you people can make
SQRXZ III and IV and .......), I will fully enhance the main character and
the enemies to begin the complicated task of shooting weapons and having an
enhanced A.I. engine to have complete games like Jazz Jackrabbit be
designed in under a week instead of months/years and only taking 2-4K
space!  A future project of mine will be to develop an ST3 player for SQRXZ
82 giving it a musical soundtrack nobody will ever forget.  Also, currently
only 240 images can be stored in the sprite database (not 255 which is due
to compression).  I am hoping to expand this to about 32000 images (who
needs that many anyway but Bill Gates? :) in the future to allow for better
games with more graphics and smoother animation sequences (I might just
change over to animation sequence linked lists which wouldn't need every
sprite stored in the database leaving lots of space for more animations).

Oh well, back to programming!

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.