Re: A82: Update on...me (mostly the

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Update on...me (mostly the

OK PEOPLE, time for some clearing up.  If you know all this already don't
bother reading it, it will only bore you
As (most of) you know, I was planning on making a Duke3D clone for _TI-82
ASM_.  In fact, it's in the TI-Files PUDs
I did lots of research on 3D programming, which - when I stumbled upon
raycasting - I realized was a waste.  I did extensive research on Wolfenstein-
style raycasting, and so I made a demo in TI-82 BASIC to make sure I knew all
of it.
I knew this would never satisfy the 82 crowd (and especially me), so I started
trying to find stuff on more advanced raycasting (Doom style, I guess) and
used a great doc that I found while trying to get stuff on true 3D.  This was
on world design and outlined the basic different world designs for indoor,
first person shooters.  I then found a great engine, complete with source,
that ultimately led to the complete understanding of doom raycasting (minus
variable heights)
I then announced to the list that I would be making a DEMO in 92 BASIC becuase
it would be much harder in 82 BASIC (the fact that BASIC is involved may
puzzle you, but it's a great teaching aid).  Now that demo is nearing
completion, and I will probably start on the 82 ASM version as soon as I get
home.
I hope that cleared up a lot of things for you people

~Adamman