A82: Ztetris: Displaying Info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Ztetris: Displaying Info

   Here is another question for you. Which way of displaying the
information is best?
  Current Way:
      Score
      00000
      Lines
        000
      Level
         00
  85 Way:
      Score
          0
      Lines
          0
      Level
          0
  Other Way:
      Score
      00000
      Lines
      00000
      Level
      00000

   Right now I have it using the 86 way because it makes each stat
customized to its own size. But if I used either the 85 way or the last
way I could save 30-40 bytes. Of the 3 which is the best? Is the 86 way
worth it?
   The last two are built in ASH v3.1 functions. Thats why I could save
some bytes. I think Dines should make the first way an ASH function
instead of the 3rd way. Anyone agree? I think having ASH's built in
DM_HL_DECI routine should allow a programmer to specify how many zeros
like the current version does. Dines please reply. And someone other
than Bryan please reply. Everytime I ask for opinions, Bryan is usually
the only one who replies. Lets get some discussion!
 (NOTE: The last few sentences does not mean that I want Bryan to stop
answering my messages rather other people should express their opinion
as well)
   Sam