A82: Font help again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Font help again

Good lord I was giving everyone the wrong idea all along. Stupid! Stupid!
<smack> <smack> Alright, maybe if I tell you what I'm trying to do then
you can help me out (there goes my "ooh, secret" project, but oh well).
I'm doing my own port of the classic game Rogue. If you don't know what
that is, that's okay. Your character is represented on the screen by a
theta (you might want to see this in a non-true-type font):

 .
. .
...	<--- a "." represents a pixel
. .
 .

The various enemies you will encounter are represented by the capital
letters A-Z. Other items and do-dads will also be 3x5 "letters." For
example, a staircase will be represented by a ">" sign. The area you have
to move around in is a grid of 8 rows @ 6 pixels ea. by 23 columns @ 4
pixels ea. Basically what I wanted was an M_CHARPUT routine that would
use the 7 modified characters + some additional ones (weapons, armor,
food, etc.) instead of the normal letters. I know this is not what I said
before; I must have been out of my mind or something. Well, can you help
me with this? Muchas gracias!

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]