Re: A82: New Beginnings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: New Beginnings

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 00:58:00 EDT Jawbreak47 <Jawbreak47@aol.com> writes:

>O was wondering since theres a emulator out couldnt someone write a
>program
>that will like access the com port or something like internet.
>Instead of
>trying to do this with a calc wouldnt it be way easier to make one for
>the
>emulator.
It would be neat, but not really a good use of time since making sockets
and using TCP/IP on a calculator would way more than max out its mem, and
people that write emulators usually will only stick to the ti-82's
limitations becuase they can't tweak the ROM or distribute it, and most
emulators are used for debugging, and it's helpful to have the same
environment for it.  Interesting idea, though!

>  Just thinking.  Also I was thinking of how emulators are
>fast you
>could write basic games for emulator that will run at a descent speed.
Probably 'tweaking' the emulator to overdrive the tibasic progs would be
best, and that's what emulator writers should do....

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]