Re: A82: Galaxian v3.0 beta no more! (&

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Galaxian v3.0 beta no more! (&

>you mean to tell me it was more than changing a "call" to a "ROM_CALL"?
>i find that hard to believe... (for the lasers)

   actually if you look closer several things were changed. The original
85 version routine used de, or a, and some other stuff not used in the
82 version. Also the in the 82 version hl is used.

>hey, my routine did work in the first place.... it's not my fault that
>you test for the secret in TWO places (during gameplay and during
"press
>enter...")
     I meant what I said as a means of giving you credit not as any sort
of an insult. Your message implies anger toward me which I don't
understand, but I thank you again anyway. The level skip code is in 2
places unlike the 85 version because it struck me as dumb that you would
need to start a level before skipping through it.

>2 powerups?  did you add the one that i thought was cheap, or one that
>you made up?

   I'm going to the lasers powerup from the 85 Lasers Universe. I'm also
going to add some spinoffs from the other powerups like 50 points, super
brickthru, Catch-All, and I want to add some negative powerups like
instant death, etc. so you have to think about which powerups you are
collecting. As for MegaBlox they seem pretty dumb.

>releasing orzunoid on earth day.... somehow, with the storyline of
>galaxian, i'd think a galaxian release would be better...
       Actually I picked that day because I won't be able to program
again till the weekend. Then I have monday and tuesday to beta test. And
also because April 22 is my birthday.

>AUTOFIRE CAN WORK!!  (not that i'm a fan of it...) here's how...
>	remap the keys (again)
>	there are -5- keys that repeat naturally on the ti8x, and those
>are up, down, left, right, AND "DEL"
>	if you change the cannon key to del, it will repeat naturally,
>requiring the least amount of work...
>just my thoughts on the matter...

    That seems extremely dumb. For one thing I am not a fan of autofire.
For another thing having DEL be the fire key would be extremely
uncomfortable given the directions keys being the movement keys.
      Sam