Re: A82: TI doesn't suck all batteries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: TI doesn't suck all batteries

{{I'm afraid your wrong.}}

i'm afraid not

{{We aren't dealing with fucking balloons!}}

actually i was speaking aligorically or metaphorically, or in lamens
terms--a sense that everyone could understand even pissants.

{{MANY other batter-powered devices use the power equally.}}

not the ones i've come across

{{Here is my explanation on how it should work:
The batteries all contribute their power together and the calculator
uses that 'pool' of energy to run.
I may be way off, but my point is that the batteries should last longer
in TI's!!}}

and how long have you worked and experienced with actual schematics and
electronic circuits?  i don't think it's very long if you think that
adding batteries in series makes the "pool" bigger--now who's talking
about water?

let's take it from another standpoint..the atomic level.  the atom:
a proton, an electron, which one will move easily between atoms easier,
that's right, the electron.

now, let's say that each battery has 20 protons on each side, but on the
positive side of the battery there are 0 electrons, and on the negative
there are 40.  the battery wants to be in equality whether that be 20:20
or even 30:30, as long as there are the same electrons at both
terminals.  so let's set up a normal battery:
0:40
to "cross" the ":" is possible, but happens at a small rate that is
undetectable (well actually it's small, but i don't want to get into
it).  and electrons always flow from highest point to lowest point as
fast as it can.  anyway, let's say we connected the two terminals by a
"wire"...then the electrons start flowing 1 by 1:
1:39
2:38...etc.
20:20
at this point the battery becomes dead (in reality it's just
"neutralized").  let's set up 4 series batteries in a row:
0:40-0:40-0:40-0:40
now, as an electron moves out of each battery from left to right it
pushes another one out of the battery it enters, except the last one
since it is used as a "start" point anyway...so we get the following
scenario:
4:39-1:38-2:37-3:36
8:38-2:36-4:34-6:32
12:37-3:34-6:31-9:28
16:36-4:33-8:28-12:24
20:35-5:32-10:25-15:20
24:34-6:30-12:22-18:16
notice that the last battery has just died because the positive end has
reached above the negative end (in reality they would have evened
out)...but notice the other batteries are not dead, they are 24:34 which
is about 1/4 full, 6:30 which is about 1/2 and 12:22 which is about 1/4
full.  since the last battery is "dead" the other batteries can't work,
so the whole series is "dead" but each individual battery has some
"juice" left.  now i have used small numbers to represent electrons, in
a real battery there would be much more (more than i can put in an
e-mail unless i use avagadros number or moles).  anyway, this is how a
real circuit would work, i don't know about the equations on how to get
the stuff, but i know how electrons flow through a system.

if you're going to say someone is wrong, try and back it up with
something more than "we aren't talking about baloons."

-Rob
ICQ:9188921 "No Sol to kill"
e-mail1:rc_ware@hotmail.com
e-mail2:rc_ware@yahoo.com
e-mail3:rc_ware@geocities.com
webpage:http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/4049/index.html

{{Robert Caldwell wrote:

> {{Yeah, I've noticed that also. 1 is always dead and the others
aren't.
> Weird, but that is the way TI wants it I guess. Maybe if you "rotate"
or
> battery order they may last longer?
> ~Ilya}}
>
> if you know anything about how batteries work, you'll know that it has
> nothing to do with trying to sell more batteries.
>
> imagine the following senario:  you have a box with two holes in it,
on
> one hole you place a baloon full of water.  fill it until it covers
the
> other hole.  this exact configuration is something similar to how a
> battery works, the pressure of the water is the voltage of the
battery,
> one hole is the negative end and the other is the positive end.  now
> place 4 of these in series where the baloons are all facing in one
> direction.  as one baloons' pressure exerts on the back end of
another,
> the pressure increases, just like the batteries voltage increases.
the