Re: A82: TI doesn't suck all batteries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: TI doesn't suck all batteries

yes, it does have to do with the order of the batteries.  Your calculator,
wether or not you think it does, doesn't say "Hey!  Lets rip this guy off
by magically only using the 2 outer batteries!"...  Sorry, this isn't star
treck...  :)

They are just in series...  If they were in 2 sets of parallel, then TI
could choose to drain one set...  :)

Now, I could get my power mechanical book (its the book most electrical
engineers use to learn in college, I got it from the university) I could
explain the physics or chemistry or what ever goes on in the batteries...
Man!  THat book has everything!  Its got things on how to use power
switching jacks, all the way how to safely test the power charging and
switching plug on your product...  It even has a section on how to
demonstrate the results of improperly connecting a power adaptor to
batteries... (I did that one last night!  All the acid comes right out and
dries into a white/yellow crusty mess...)

Grant