Re: A82: Nibbles 82Z 2.1 (Bug Fix)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Nibbles 82Z 2.1 (Bug Fix)

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Barubary wrote:

> A82 members: PLEASE use MIME encoding...  I can't decode uuencode.
>
> -- Barubary

why is that you can't uudecode? there's plenty of utils on the ticalc.org
site...  if you've ever looked in a real mime file, it's actually uue, and
when your mail server gets it, it will xlate it.  that's why us juno users
receive a uue file instead of an attachment.

(juno should praise me for backing them up on this...)

consider the following... some of us don't have internet access, or just
limited access at that... i'm only really starting with the internet in
the past 3 months or so, and the angelife mail server doesn't handle
attachments yet either.

l0rdg0at@juno.com can't handle attachments. I'm signed on the A82 list
there.

milewskg@stuy.edu CAN handle attachments, but the only time that the speed
of the xfer is noticable is when i'm in school, where the server is. I'm
signed up here too.

lordgoat@somethingorother.com (cool, huh?) fowards stuff to angelfire.
lordg@the-pentagon.com forwards stuff to juno.
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com is not signed up for Axx, but CAN handle
attachements.

the two that i most frequently use are juno & stuy (stuy isn't all that
frequent...).  there are other juno users on this list, i've seen 6, i
think... consider that we CANNOT SEND MIME...  as for the people that send
uue when they can do attachments, they should use MIME.

-Greg