Re: A82: Read all of this, Various MISC stuff!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GeradS711@aol.com wrote:

> This message contains a lot of cool stuff, I just didn't want to send 10
> e-mails so I combined it all into one message.
> ==========
> ZETRIS
> ==========
> I think Zetris crashes the calc (ROM 19.0) because after I run it it deletes
> things from the ASH Menu and if you try to exit ASH or run everything it
> crashes. I think this is because it runs over some of the mem ASH uses in
> storing its variables, but I don't know. Try to fix this.

This seems to be a problem. My calc has crashed several times, especcially before
I beat slippy, (R18), and all of the times, the ash menu is somehow messed up,
either the program running's description was changed (gone), or the entire menu
was messed. Could this have to do with the relocation feature?

> ===========
> EXTRA MEM
> ===========
> Would it be possible to run a program that is not stored in the calcs mem,
> could you write a program that would execute a program from say another calc
> using the link port, that way you could have some games on your buddy's calc
> and play them without deleting anything if your mem is full.Taking this one
> step further somebody with harware experience could build a box containing
> extra ram that could connect to the link port, enabaling you to have an
> external 'hard drive" if you pardon the terminology. This probably isn't
> possible, but it would be cool to have an extra butload of mem if you needed
> it.

No. the link is too slow. Mel tsai talked about this with the expander sf.